Legility Events Team is committed to creating event spaces, both digital and live, that are diverse, inclusive, safe, and free from discrimination, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other classification protected by law.
We are dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. All attendees, speakers, sponsors and volunteers at Symposium are required to agree with the following code of conduct. Organisers will enforce this code throughout the event. We expect cooperation from all participants to help ensure a safe environment for everybody.
Some Legility event spaces may have additional rules in place, which will be made clearly available to participants. Participants are responsible for knowing and abiding by these rules.
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, age, race, or religion.
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
- Deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names.
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behaviour in spaces where they’re not appropriate.
- Physical contact and simulated physical contact (eg, textual descriptions like “*hug*” or “*backrub*”) without consent or after a request to stop.
- Threats of violence.
- Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm.
- Deliberate intimidation.
- Stalking or following.
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes.
- Sustained disruption of discussion.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others.
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease.
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent except as necessary to protect vulnerable people from intentional abuse.
- Publication or sharing anything publicly from private chat areas or any information shared by attendees within the event space without the attendee’s consent - including screenshots, videos, or any written materials.
If you are being harassed by an attendee of Symposium, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact the Legility Events Team at email@example.com. If the person who is harassing you is on the team, they will recuse themselves from handling your incident. We will respond as promptly as we can.
For questions regarding Legility Events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Code of Conduct may be revised at any time by Legility and the terms are non-negotiable. Together we can ensure Legility event spaces, live or digital, are a safe and welcoming space for everyone.